PLEASE NOTE: We are pretty much full for the 2017/18 school year, with only a couple of spaces open. Get in touch via this Enrollment Form and we’ll get back to you with available options. Thank you!
First, a sincere THANK YOU to all of our schools, teachers, administrators, parents, students and supporters. This will mark our 18th (oh my goodness…) year of helping students experience nature in the mountains of Southern California. Second, you should know that Open Enrollment runs from April 1st through the 28th. After this date spaces are generally very limited (this year we are 99% full…and very grateful).
New for 2017/18: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free options, in addition to Vegetarian Meals and a Peanut-Free campus, supported for your students and teachers. Expanded Menu options and Evening Snacks provided.
Pricing Details:what you see above is the basic cost for program at High Trails, which is what works for most schools. As noted on the Program Form, there are options that your school can choose, based upon your specific needs. T-Shirts cost $10 per student, Last Day Hot Lunch costs $4 per student, Last Day Sack Lunch costs $3 per students, Infirmary Supervision (schools normally watch sick students, that way our medic is still ready to respond to health calls about your students) costs $10 per student, and if you would like an RN instead of our normal two medic WFR / EMT’s, this costs $15 extra per student. If you have questions about these, please check out the Program Form for more details.
- We will notify you of your camp dates by end of day May 5th.
- Contracts will be emailed to you by May 12th.
- Your contract is due back to us by June 15th.
You Should Know…
- During Open Enrollment, preference is given to returning schools (you are fantastic!).
- If you are a new school considering High Trails, sign up early during Open Enrollment and please tell us what you’re looking for in an outdoor education provider.
- Last year we were able to give 95% of our schools one of their top 3 choices; though this isn’t a promise for the future it is a good indication that we do our best to make our schools happy, both in scheduling and in their experience up here in the mountains.
- It is possible, especially if you choose dates in a popular time frame (March, April and May), that none of the dates you request will be available. If this happens, we will contact you with other options.
- We structure our prices based on the time of year and traditional demand. Higher demand weeks have higher prices. This lets us have a full schedule and run program for the entire school year, which in turn allows us to hire quality staff.
- Is this your first year attending High Trails? Unless we have a relationship with you or your school district, we may request a deposit before scheduling your school.
- Every year we have schools that sign up for dates and then realize, once we have them scheduled, that the dates won’t work. To prevent this, please talk with all of your teachers and check your school calendar for Holidays, Test Dates, and other conflicts before submitting this form.
- We appreciate the schools that have been coming to camp with us year after year and take this factor into consideration as we schedule.
- We run program at multiple sites; feel free to let us know at the bottom of the page if you prefer a site. If we can, we will schedule you there. Please note: we reserve the right to schedule you at any of our sites, and your scheduled site may possibly change before your visit.
High Trails communicates primarily via email. Please notify us if you would prefer a different method of communication.
The Schools section of our website has complete information for visiting schools and teachers. Site Location scheduling is tentative until all contracts have been returned and our schedule is concrete. Upon request, we will be glad to tell you your tentative site location. If this is your first year at High Trails or if you have all new teachers coming to program, we would be happy to come down to your school and give a presentation to your parents. Our “Welcome to High Trails” letter will be emailed out to each school in early September…this will have complete details to help you prepare for your program visit.